From: "Gregory Fraser" <Gregory.Fraser@pwgsc.gc.ca>
To: "List for Photo/Imaging Educators - Professionals - Students"
<photoforum@ase-listmail.rit.edu>
Sent: Tuesday, October 22, 2002 7:12 AM
Subject: Just how do filters work?

> Hi Alan,
>
> I never thought of that and it sounds like a creative manipulation of
film. Film would actually block the image like shooting through a
microscopic screen wouldn't it? Is that the way filters work? I know they
prevent the passage of light but just exactly how do they do it? Is it a
wavelength interference voodoo or is it just tiny bits of opaque material in
the glass?