Re: file formats

"Robert G. Earnest" <robert@earnestphoto.com> wrote/replied to:

>Is that because of file size? Or format differences?
> Wouldn't you need to print scans of the same image? Or different
>resolutions of the same scan? Like send the 240 meg file to the printer
>at 360 dpi?

Ok, both were scanned at 2400 dpi. No up or down sizing was done. The
difference is the amount of information in the file, the number of
pixels. The point is you can send any dpi file to print, the higher
the better. But you have to have an image that's the size you want to
print as well. These images were both nearly a full A4 size.

The minimum DPI I would send is 240. But there's no limit to going
bigger if your file is bigger. In other words, don't downsize.

If you read the webpages I mentioned in my previous email you will
find everything you need to know about calibrating, printing, and
scanning.

21 megs is about the minimum file size to make an A4 print. Like I
said, more is better.

"take every day as a gift,
never get angry at the idiotic mass of humanity,
delight in the craftsmanship of BMW and nature"
Jim Davis, 2002