Re: Reviews

Marilyn wrote:
A rock concert - I should have known {:->  The second photograph you sent is amazing.  The lady with the infant has much more trust in humanity than I would!  Perhaps even rock band audience's are a little tamer in Manila, though.  The baby looks perfectly content. Thank you for sharing the information and more of your work, Elson.  Do you live in Manila, or were you just visiting? Marilyn Dalrymple

Marilyn,

Thank you for your comment, too. Like most of us here, I do enjoy sharing my work and getting reviews from colleagues.

I live in Cagayan de Oro, about one-and-half hour's plane ride from Manila.

In the Philippines, many places celebrate what we call an annual fiesta, during which we hold parades, beauty contests, games, street dances, singing contests and trade fairs. Concerts are not common, but when there's one, it's usually jampacked, especially if the bands are popular and Manila movie stars are present. This one was held in a sports area, open-air, and it was raining about three hours before, so the ground was muddy. But people came still. There were soldiers, too, with M16s but they stood outside the main crowd and didn't show up in any of my photos. It was my first time to shoot an open-air rock concert with 60,000 people.

When I saw the photo of the woman and child, I was thinking what went on inside her house before the concert. Perhaps there was a conversation like this:

Woman: You going to the concert?
Sister: Yes, and your brothers, too. Everyone is going.
Woman: I'm going with you.
Sister: Huh? Who will take care of the baby?
Woman: I'll bring her with me.
Sister: She'll be crying all the way!
Woman: She won't. I'll bring her bottle and I'll have it filled to the full.
Sister: You're crazy!

Elson
--
Nazca Graphic Design & Photography