Re: PF Exhibits on 05-OCT-02

> The strengths of this picture show through what seems to be a
> terrible screen version. I'm seeing what looks like jpeg artifacts
in
> most of the picture.

Artifacts they are but one thing is certain:  you can't blame this
upon jpeggery.

Simplest answer is the degree of sharpening applied (look at the
border to the birds at high mag).
The odd feature (and maybe what makes the "graininess" fail for me)
are the smooth grain-free areas.
Either these were not sharpened OR selective blur (?) was applied
after sharpening the whole image.

Bob