Re: PF Exhibits on 05-OCT-02

>The PhotoForum member's gallery/exhibit space was updated OCT-05-02. Authors
>with work now on display at http://www.rit.edu/~andpph/gallery.html include:

jIMMY Harris - The Cormorant Club
The strengths of this picture show through what seems to be a
terrible screen version. I'm seeing what looks like jpeg artifacts in
most of the picture.

Elson T. Elizaga -
What's going on here? This is an example of a picture where lack of
context is pretty unsettling.

Emily L. Ferguson - Reciprocity Failure - desatted
The blue version of this flashed briefly on my screen before it was
replaced by this week's rendition. I think I see what you are saying
about the dynamic range, though it would help to be able to see the
other version to really tell. Could you post a link to that one?
What method did you use to desaturate?

John Mason - Blue: Delmar Boulevard, St. Louis
I'm a sucker for banal shots of cars these days*, so I would probably
like this even  without the stripe, and the reflection of the stripe
running down the window, over the hood, even on to the bumper. If it
was my picture I would probably have tried to up the saturation of
the stripe a little, not that it would necessarily have been an
improvement.
*an example:
<http://www.photo.net/photodb/photo?photo_id=818330&size=lg>

Jeff Spirer - Chicago
Very nice picture. Do you feel there's a Japanese influence here, as
you've mentioned before in connection to other pix? It's a little
hard to make out the rest of the lettering on screen but I like that
it's there and that it's hard to decipher. It means you have to keep
looking, without it the strength of the easily apprehended aspects of
the image might cause the viewer to move on too quickly. It
contributes a reality and depth to something that might otherwise be
too simple.

--
Alan P. Hayes
Meaning and Form: Writing, Editing and Document Design