Re:Best advice ever...

  Beavert sent this blurb on baby-pic tips ---

>Capture it with digital. Digital cameras can also help you make the >most of picture-perfect moments as they let you see your picture >immediately after taking it. Also, you can take as many photos as you >want without worrying about wasting film. You can just delete the >shots that you don't like.

    While all of the above is true, all parents should consider that
banks who are required by law to keep 30-year records still use
film to do so for its longevity and to avoid migration problems as
digital media are phased out. I'd encourage parents to do as the
manufacturers want them to and buy digital,  but also to use grandpa's camera and shoot film of the new Heir/ess, specially archival type films/prints such as correctly processed B&W, Kodachrome and prints done on Fuji Crystal paper.
film These media have a proven track record, and after all, this
is he new bearer of the family crest, right ?

>Remember, he or she will be a baby only for a short time. So be sure >to take the best photos possible. You won't get a second chance!

   Exactly.

    --- Luis