digital camera question

I'm considering buying the Canon Powershot G2. Anyone have any experience with it or any thoughts on its quality? Is it suitable for professional use? It comes highly recommended from a photographer whose work with it I adore, but I was hoping to get a few other opinions before I lay down the cash.

Here's a link to some info on the camera (its gonna wrap, I'm sure):

http://www01.bhphotovideo.com/default.sph/FrameWork.class?FNC=ProductActivator__Aproductlist_html___233983___CAPSG2___REG___CatID=1082___SID=F08ADA40F00

Thanks in advance for any input you can give.

Christy