Re: Qkano's Quickie Quibbles (aka Gallery Review 2002-09-21)

At 12:08 AM 10/2/2002 +0100, you wrote:

>              D.L. Shipman -
>-----------------
>Careful with unsharp mask around the periphery though - maybe use a
>fine history brush to undo it.

Yes, a bit too much unsharp mask. I processed the image on a laptop and
didn't see it on my desk CRT until it appeared in the Gallery.

>No, good image at about the best phase for revealing surface detail.
>Full moos lose info (no shadows on the craters.
>
>Is it upside down?

Moon image is oriented as it appeared from my position. Kepler, the white
crater with radiating lines, at nine-o-clock, migrated to the five-o-clock
position by the time I shot the full moon a few days later. I don't know if
this is due to the time of night or the phase of the moon or a combination.
Any Lunies on the list?

See image "Cornmoon" at:

http://www.netSnapShot.com/pcw/b?KEY=1&ACCOUNT=12042

Most of the Native North American tribes located in what is now the
northeast USA called the September Full moon the Harvest or Corn Moon.

Dave
East Englewood