a bitchin'...

As one who makes a fair amount of her income from licensing her images, I
can tell you that every contract I've ever signed has had the following
phrases in them...

'world-wide distribution' or 'definition of territory'
'term of use'
'royality'
'non-exclusive' or 'exclusive'...depending on the broadness of the the
licensee distribution base
'license to reproduce'
'non-alterable' or 'alterable'...depending on if I allow the company to do
any colorizing

Each time I signed a contract containing these words, it was accompanied
with an advance check...in some instances a very large one. And each time I
signed there was also a time limit to the term of use...3, 4, 5 years.

Each of you can make your own decision about such things but the above words
MEAN something...and if you're willing to give up what they MEAN for the
right to post your images on the internet, you're....well, you're you. Let's
just say I would never do it.

Lea Murphy
Whiny Dog Press
816-333-9111 phone