Re: Gallery Ramblings

At 12:19 AM -0400 9/6/02, Gregory Fraser wrote:
>Alan P. Hayes (Passerby) - OK so the one handed, slippery road,
>night shooting is too easy for a guy like you now you've taken to
>drive by shooting which come to think of it is probably a natural
>progression. Now if you do wreck your car not only will you have the
>accident to contend with but you'e got some guy breaking your
>fingers and prying the camera from your hands to prevent you blowing
>his witness protection cover by taking his picture and he'll be
>damned if he's gonna let those corporate head office bastards find
>him and make him pay for squeeling to the feds about the
>'indiscretions' at the '94 company Christmas party. How do you pick
>your drive by subjects?

Strictly by Office for Homeland Security guidelines, of course!!!

Actually, you could make the case that they pick me. I was waiting at
a light when I took this picture, snapping pix of cars turning on to
the street I was on. This fellow walked by just as this car was going
past in the other direction.  It's hard to know for sure what you
will get taking these kinds of pictures. I am starting to get a feel
for those occasions when the odds of something interesting happening
are fairly good. This was an exciting moment in that way. What I
mostly like about this picture is the transparencies and reflections
and the fact that so much is happening. It's not that easy to see on
line but there are some interesting things going on in the
reflections on the passing car. For one, none of them are blurred,
because everything reflected is stationary.

--
Alan P. Hayes
Pittsfield, Massachusetts