Re: another wedding session

Jason Antman <jantman@earthlink.net> writes:

> I can only reply to the lens part...I know it isnt recommended, but with two
> hands I can hand-hold a 210mm at 1/60 without visible shake. Maybe i'm just
> special :)
>
> As to David's Remarks:
> >Is the strong light on the video camera something that's standard for
> >wedding video there, or just a worry?  Because that's pretty lousy
> >lighting for the *video*, too.  But might be all they can manage.
>
> Huh??? I work for a video production company, and we use strong spots. Why
> is that lousy? Maybe (and i'm not being sarcastic here) I'm missing
> something...after all, I usually think from a video point of view before
> photo. Is the video spot going to be *moving*? I would assume that it will
> be just a hot-light on a stand set somewhere. Oh, also a concern, is what
> type of light. Not os much of a worry with B&W as color, but at work we use
> Tungsten a lot (5500K) because the cameras can automatically white-balance.
> As to the cheap flash idea, you could get a stand-mounted flash with slave
> triggering, or maybe try to get some sort of cheaper wireless.

I thought he was talking about a spot *mounted on the video camera*.
Generally speaking, hard light from a single source right at the
camera position is very ugly light; that's what I mean by saying
"pretty lousy lighting".  *Strong* isn't lousy, of course; generally
speaking I *like* strong!
--
David Dyer-Bennet, dd-b@dd-b.net  /  New TMDA anti-spam in test
 John Dyer-Bennet 1915-2002 Memorial Site http://john.dyer-bennet.net