Re: photographer's block - general reply

At 09:15 PM 8/21/2002 +0300, you wrote:
>>3.  Do some creativity exercises, a popular one suggested frequently on
>>here is to pick a number between 1 and 10, drive exactly that many miles
>>away from your home,   Spend at least one hour photographing that spot,
>>shoot at least two rolls of film.
>&
>>From: fotofx@ix.netcom.com
>>The best remedy for me is to grab the camera one lens and one roll of
>>film and
>>devote the entire day just shooting something - anything.
>
>your replies concises the notion of forced photo sessions. i have no
>problem with it, but performing it will bring me to landscape photography
>and i have left that way behind, much like what luis suggests bellow.
>tried it so many times...in the past worked miracles, but the past months
>it did not interest me...

Make sure you don't go back to landscape photography.  Change the
rules.   Go to your nearest large city, park, walk 1-10 blocks, shoot
there.  The ideal is to restrict yourself to a small area and see what you
can see.   Even if you go back to landscapes, perhaps that may kick start
you.  Perhaps you don't need the camera, just hold your hands up to form a
rectangular view port to see the world through a square/rectangle.

You may need to find another type of photography and learn that.  I've been
doing this for 20+ years and there are still area's I've not explored.   It
may also mean loading up a roll of TriX and having at some grainy black &
whites.

Thanks,
Rob
--