Re: photographer's block - general reply

wow1 that topic brought a bagful of answers...i guees i stired things up...

>From: Steve Shapiro <sgshiya@redshift.com>
>If you are doing this for fun.  A sure way to overcome this 'énnui' is to
>put the camera away for a good ten days.  Do what you do when you have the
>camera and then thak a couple evenings sitting alone with some music or
>with
>friends not engaged in anything photographic and see what pictures you wish
>you would have gotten if you had had the camera.

tried it before, for so long i even had to take the batteries off, it didn't
work

>From: Rob Miracle <rwm@photo-miracles.com>
>1.  New Toys.    While the photographer is the one who makes a photo,
>having a new camera, or more importantly a new lens can inspire you to get
>back in the saddle and start shooting.

maybe so, that was what happened with my "new" jupiter, but this is where i
got all the bad shots (5 rolls of concerts with this one)it IS a risky
situation

&
>From: fotofx@ix.netcom.com
>The best remedy for me is to grab the camera one lens and one roll of film
>and
>devote the entire day just shooting something - anything.

your replies concises the notion of forced photo sessions. i have no problem
with it, but performing it will bring me to landscape photography and i have
left that way behind, much like what luis suggests bellow.
tried it so many times...in the past worked miracles, but the past months it
did not interest me...

>From: *-CHILLED DELIRIUM-* <sfunp@scfn.thpl.lib.fl.us
Let yourself go. The
>    zigs and zags of the "S", like all life transitions, can be stressful
>    and bring one pain. Think of your artistic growth as a series
>    of small lives -- and deaths -- lived within the context of your
>    lifespan.
>                  Leave part of yourself behind

>    Sometimes when we are about to fall, we forget that we have loving
>    arms that will catch us, our support system. Let yourself fall into
>    them. They are not there by concidence, IMO. Someone or many people
>    in your support system (perhaps a mentor ?) can be your guide(s).
>    in this passage.
and i call that photoforum

>From: Petrick Dave <dpetrick@rconnect.com>
>>I don't know exactly what specialty you are in, but a suggestion is that
>>in
>every assignment you do 1 crazy or off the wall exposure or pose and try to
>come up with a different one each time.

very good suggestion. to a certain extend it did just that...
i had the last concert shoot done my way!

anyway, i ahve another try, and see what comes out

so... no matter what, CHEER UP MY FRIENDS! Life is too precious to jump the
other side of the fence...
kostas papakotas / clenched teeth photography
http://groups.msn.com/clenchedteethphotography/home.htm
'COS SOMETIMES IT IS BETTER WITH CLENCHED TEETH!