Re: I Sold My First Photo!!! (LINK)

chandler@yomogi.or.jp (chandler) writes:

> The jiggling status line thing is irritatingly naff, too, and I wonder
> how reliable it is to use file names including spaces. I believe the
> proper url for the first image, for example has the spaces encoded thus:
>
> http://www.bngraphics.com/clientwork/visiondesign/full%20grown%20001.jpg

I've certainly found it works better on my own site to encode spaces
and other special characters that way.  Some situations work without
it (particular browsers mostly), but some don't, whereas if I make
sure they're encoded it works all the time.  (In my case the URLs are
generated on-the-fly by scripts, so it was just changing the one
script when I found this problem).
--
David Dyer-Bennet, dd-b@dd-b.net  /  New TMDA anti-spam in test
 John Dyer-Bennet 1915-2002 Memorial Site http://john.dyer-bennet.net