Re: best way of filtering PhotoForum messages

Rob Miracle <rwm@photo-miracles.com> wrote/replied to:

>Not everyone can filter.

Well then, I guess if they can't filter. subject line's not going to
help, and that's why there's a digest. And if mail's in a digest,
seeing who it's from in the subject line is unecessary to say the
least. Are we down to the level of WebTV yet for everyone?

>There are reasons why (trashed messages that you have to go back though)
>even with filters, its a good idea (going on vacation and your borrow a
>laptop and don't want to monkey around with the mail system on it,
>whatever....)

I dunno exactly why you trash any messages. Once in awhile I archive
older ones, but I never trash any. Sometimes I actually use them for
reference :-)

>I'm on dozens of lists and DDB's statement about the [tag] doubling in the
>subject line is rare at best and usually comes from someone cutting and
>pasting  the subject line.
>
>It does more good than harm.

As a mere point of interest, on the BMW list, the subject lines all
start with, you guessed it, "BMW:". This works well, and has not been
a problem. "PF:" at the start of every subject line would be fine by
me. I notice Yahoo groups also does this, so it's pretty common.

On the photo side, has anyone tried the new Konica Centuria Super 35mm
films yet? I love them, but they're taking their time getting to the
stores. And I'm finished my sample pack!

--
cheers!
Jim