Re: Ouch.

Le 23.7.2002 17:24, « Greg Fraser » <Gregory.Fraser@pwgsc.gc.ca> a écrit :

> Last night in the shower I accidentally shoved my toothbrush into the
> wrong orifice and with the pain came an idea or rather an adaptation of
> an idea. I believe it was Bobert who suggested at one time having PF
> members photograph a common object such as an iron. I remember there
> being some agreement to this but as far as I can tell the project did
> not come to be perhaps because it was over-shadowed by its cousin the
> PTC project.

Mmm that idea of photographing an old iron piece conduced to the PTC
project.. The idea of choosing a common theme was abandoned later, for some
reason.. The first idea was that of a traveling iron rather than of a
traveling camera ;-)

> So anyway I was thinking that shooting an iron might not tell people
> very much about the photographer as a person. But what if we had an
> intangible subject like 'failure' or 'respect'? I would think that kind
> of an image would show the photographer's personality.

Oh.. I thought that you'd propose that each one photographs his/her tooth
brush .. It may seem dumb and not serious.. But on the contrary, it would
tell much about each person.. Mmmm too much perhaps  ;-)  no, forget about
it.  Geezz failure.. Respect.. But you are a highly moralistic guy !!

>  I would have enjoyed it if there had been no
> names to the portraits in the gallery and members would have had a week
> to match up names to portraits and win huge prizes.

Yes.. This is a great and funny idea.. I'd never have guessed about yours, I
imagined you as an older serious professional ;-)

>                                            So I thought
> wouldn't it be fun to shoot, say 'pride' then post the images and try to
> match up the photographers to the images with giant, colossal prizes?
>
> After that I reinserted the toothbrush.

No.. You didn't even take a picture of it !!
Selfportrait with tooth brush, imagine how cool it could be under giclee
print in a gallery ;-)

To be more serious, I like your suggestion of a theme gallery; the only
problem is finding the theme, or finding the committee who will pick up the
theme.

Christiane
--
Christiane

"L'art est fait pour troubler, la science rassure"
(Georges Braque)