Exceptional photography on exhibit in NYC

I was perusing the web and upon opening up the Arts section of the NY Times
found out about the opening of an exhibition "New York: the Capital of
Photography" at the Jewish Museum in Manhattan and organized by Max Kozloff
and which "underscores the essential role of Jewish photographers in
capturing New York City"

The article includes a quote from Mark Haven, professor at the Rochester
Institute of Technology that states: "It is hard not to notice it." (the
preponderance of outstanding Jewish photographers in or related to NYC)
"And it is hard to talk about. People can accuse you of being an ethnic
chauvinist."

The article, in essence, is a very positive review of the exhibition and
the contributions of Jewish photographers to the history of the city and
is highly recommended visiting and viewing.

The article is by Richard Woodward and its title is: Behind a Century of
Photos, Was There a Jewish Eye? and appeared in the July 7 edition of the
newspaper in the Arts section.

Personally I realize this could become a troubling topic ... but it is
too bad that we can not, or think we can not, celebrate in the accomplishments
of a group of truly exceptional photographers.

Andy