RE: Homage to Eggleston

The house is a bit more of an element in the print I've made of this.
It seems to have been de-emphasized by the reduction in size and on
my screen it's a little duller than in the print. It's not about the
house so much, though to the extent that this picture does have
emotional content a lot of it is in the house and the fact that it is
subdued and somewhat hidden, I suppose.

I definitely intended that patch of grass to be there (not that I
couldn't have just missed it, but not this time!) I cropped to
minimize it but I was real glad I didn't lose it all together. It
bothers me too...

>The 'point' of most art eludes me though and no doubt the significance of
>the house does also. I suppose my conciousness just transcends the
>significance of the physical plane.

Yeah, sure... What was that last sentence supposed to mean?

Actually you keep saying that about missing the point of art, but
your comments impress me as generally very observant and insightful
and to the point. The Canadian Bumpkin School of Photographic
Criticism...

A.

--
Alan P. Hayes
Meaning and Form: Writing, Editing and Document Design