RE: oh no, another copyright question

> Richard, re your portraits, here's a suggestion...why don't
> you learn how to
> professionally retouch using Photoshop, and offer your clients
> that service....

Not a bad idea but it's nothing that appeals to me. I do use
Photoshop for other things but my approach to child photography
is sort of semi-photojournalistic and it's all on location.
Perhaps "portraiture" doesn't quite describe what I do. I don't
do fancy lighting for this and I don't pose the kids. Rather, I
create "situations" that I know from experience will result in
good reaction shots. Retouching doesn't exactly fit into my
scheme of things.

If I did retouching I would have to charge even more and most of
my clients aren't exactly "upscale". But the main reasons I
don't do it are twofold:
One, I don't want to spend any more time on the damn computer
than I already do.
Two, my clients are happy.

Perhaps I should mention that my selling the negs was not
exactly forced on me, despite what I previously said about
copying and scanning. Frankly, I'm happy to get rid of the damn
things. I already have thousands of negs and transparencies of
other subjects in my files, images that are of more use to me. I
usually advise my students not to sell their negs and I'm sure
most other photographers don't. But it works for me in this
particular case.

                                          Richard

=====
Richard Martin specializes in Cityscape and Waterscape stock photography as well as Children's Portraiture. E-mail: marphoto@yahoo.com