RE: oh no, another copyright question

Title: RE: oh no, another copyright question

--- Angi Turnpaugh <shutterbug123@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Hello everyone!
>
>      I just spent the weekend shooting a local horse
> show..great fun!....

Richard Martin [mailto:marphoto@yahoo.com] wrote:

I've encountered this with my portrait clients in recent years.
My approach with them now is simple. I give them the proofs and
the negatives (priced accordingly)....

Hi y'all...been unsub'ed for a spell - rejoined again, and been in lurk mode for a few weeks.
Great to be back.

Richard, re your portraits, here's a suggestion...why don't you learn how to professionally retouch using Photoshop, and offer your clients that service.

The difference a good retouch can do to a portrait is amazing.
I recently bought Katrin Eismann's book, and I have been so impressed with what she teaches, I can scarcely believe my eyes.

I swear no client will want a straight print when they can have a retouched one.

It's not all that difficult to learn; her book is relatively easy to follow, and once mastered, you have a priceless skill to offer.

You'll need to retain the negs for scanning of course, and may well end up keeping them as a bonus.

Worth a thought?

Max

Auckland, NZ)

EOM

NOTICE - This message and any attached files may contain information that is confidential and/or subject of legal privilege intended only for use by the intended recipient. If you are not the intended recipient or the person responsible for delivering the message to the intended recipient, be advised that you have received this message in error and that any dissemination, copying or use of this message or attachment is strictly forbidden, as is the disclosure of the information therein.  If you have received this message in error please notify the sender immediately and delete the message.