Re:Re: Comments on 22 June 2002 Gallery

    Chandler spake his sales pitch upon the waters of the Web thusly:

 (To Karen Powell  about her Blueberries image.}
<snipped good advice about JPEG and using a tripod>

>(2) Read John Shaw's "Closeups in Nature". You can read a bit about >it on my web page, and for maximum effect you should purchase it >by clicking the Amazon.com link, and then I'll get 5% commission.

   (shameless plug)

>Now at the same time, you should also order some other books

   (To enrich Chandler further....yawwwwn )

>because I will get more commissions at 5% from amazon,

  DUH.

> but also because when the Shaw book arrives you will look at it for >a bit, then feel unwell. This will last for a period of a week or two, >during which time you will also be unable to look at your camera >without feeling miserable.

   Having recommend this book to many students in the past, I can
guarantee any prospective readers of Shaw (except the egomaniacs)
that they will experience quite the opposite reaction. Most will be
thrilled by his pictures and the clear, encouraging writing,
and eager to grab their camera and put into practice what they have learned.

>But fortunately, you will have the other books to read. One way to >alleviate the dejection might be to look at the original version of my >first flower page:

    Why would anyone feel "dejection" upon looking at excellent
work ? Each of us is on his own path, our pictures reflecting
who we are, what we put into the work, the product of our
practice, talent, and daring. I would imagine most people would
feel a thrill when looking at excellent (stamp-quality !) work.

                                 Puzzled,
                                   --- Luis