Re:Re: Comments on 22 June 2002 Gallery

luis <chilled_delirium@mailstation.com> writes:

>     Chandler spake his sales pitch upon the waters of the Web thusly:

Ah yes...

> >(2) Read John Shaw's "Closeups in Nature". You can read a bit about >it on my web page, and for maximum effect you should purchase it >by clicking the Amazon.com link, and then I'll get 5% commission.

>    Having recommend this book to many students in the past, I can
> guarantee any prospective readers of Shaw (except the egomaniacs)
> that they will experience quite the opposite reaction.

Ah. Perhaps you misunderstand. Of course I recommend the book. Of course
it is full of (a) excellent practical advice and (b) wonderful pictures.
But speaking personally I found them just a bit overawing for a week or
two. (Look, that's what the *other* books are for, right?) But I got
over it.

As for shameless plugs, yeah, yeah, but if you read my little review you
will see that one of my two criticisms of the book can be remedied by
following the *other* (0%) link to http://abe.com where you can look for
a used hardback copy.

> practice, talent, and daring. I would imagine most people would
> feel a thrill when looking at excellent (stamp-quality !) work.

This reminds me of something, but unfortunately I can't remember what it
is. Hmmm.

Brian Chandler
geo://Sano.Japan.Planet_3
http://imaginatorium.org/stuff/photo.htm