Re: remove from list -- do photons wave?

> Still doesn't answer my question. Are they totally preoccupied with
> themselves? I think so. Would they be kind enough to wave or say hi
as
> they sent by? I think not. I believe that they live in their own
little
> fantasy world in which they are partying together 24/7.
Photons swing both ways but only one way or the other at any time.
Indeed, until you interfere with a photon you don't know which way it
will swing.

> We may know that
> they are only interfering with themselves but they think they are in
> orgy world all the time.#
They don't interfere with themselves but with each other. There are no
blind photons.

> Why else would they always follow interference
> patterns even when fired singly through slit patterns?
I'm certain that is incorrect.
A single photon can only be in one place and go to one place (unless
you measure it somewhere else first).  Where a single photon is
detected is influenced by the probability distribution represented by
the slit pattern.  It could go anywhere and everywhere but only one
pixel gets to record it.

> And why are they
> forever wanting to be fired through slits?
Seems fine to me Robert.  Perhaps the question is difficult if you
swing the other way.

Actually, photons probably don't really exist.  They are mathematical
constructs to explain observations ... natures way of reminding us
that however many observations we make we actually know diddly-squit
about what is really going on.

Or not.

Bob