Re: Gallery Impressions for 17 July 2002

----- Original Message -----
From: "Gregory Fraser"
> Guy Glorieux (Mannequin) - The shadow area at the bottom makes me want
> see this as a positive but the rest of it I like just as it is. I like
the
> way the image is balanced and the geometric progression from the round
> mirror on the left, the half dome of the mannequin's head and her
squarely
> posed arm and the square windows. It looks more exotic in this print
than it
> does in my positive version in my imagination. Very neat.

Thanks for the review Greg,
It seems that we all got distracted with a whole bunch of topics this
week that the gallery got left behind.  But, as always, you're ahaead of
your time (17 JULY 2000 review...).  I'd better put a note on my
calendar to post that mannequin picture I've meant to show the
roup...  -:))
I flipped the image into positive with Photoshop and it actually is very
ordinary.  So let' keep our imagination run away with the negative
image.
I'm into paper negatives these days and I've just completed a 20x24
pinhole box which I'm using with B&W paper.  It creates strange worlds
where the skies are deep black and where the landscape is glowing from
within.  I think I'll keep them as negatives.  They look even greater
when lit from behind with a light box.
Cheers,
Guy