Re: jpeg files for clients

----- Original Message -----
From: "Richard C. Kessler" <kesslerrichard@qwest.net>
To: "List for Photo/Imaging Educators - Professionals - Students"
<photoforum@ase-listmail.rit.edu>
Sent: Monday, June 10, 2002 8:18 AM
Subject: Re: jpeg files for clients

> Valery,
> I've been using the www.picturestage.com site for this purpose. You get
> 50 MB of free space and you can purchase more. People can download from
> the site and order prints, sized depending on resolution. They should
> have a fairly fast internet link, especially to look at the picture
> originals, mine usually range from 1-4MB. I usually only download a
> 1024x768 copy of the jpeg, which is easier for people to deal with. It
> also limits the print size to 5x7 if people should try and order a print
> from the site.
>
> Hope this helps,
> Rick

Hi, Rick.......

When you download to this site, are the scans encrypted so they cannot be
printed out by clients?  Just curious.  I"m investigating websites to host
images that clients can VIEW ONLY.  I know there are sites out there that
process your film and put up your images......but it still allows
print-outs, and reprints have to be ordered thru that website instead of
directly through me.  I realize the images that they will be printing out on
their home computers are not photo quality, but I don't want my images
printed out.  I'm funny that way!  :)  Thanks!

Cheers!
Colette