jpeg files for clients

If a client or anyone asks for a jpeg file to be sent to them for
viewing and I dont have a website for a FTP folder, etc., what is the
procedure, after Photoshop > format>jpeg?Does it matter what computer or
software they have versus what I have? What do I do in the compression
dialog box?

Thanks. Also I have been on this list for over a year, but have never
contributed to your gallery postings and disscusions of the work. What
is the procedure for that?

Thanks, Valery