Re: PTC Project

At 08:18 AM 5/4/2002 -0400, you wrote:
>Are you suggesting a reshoot for those who were on Raphael and Betsy.
>That have a Betsy-2 and a Raphael-2 circulates out to the same list of
>participants and that these participants somehow agree that they will
>make every effort to speed up the process.  It seems that there is
>enough frustration in both these groups that it should be no problem to
>get that commitment.

I can only speak for Betsy.  Hopefully someone will take care of
Raphel.   I'm going to give Christine a chance with the full scans to see
what she can do.   If its salvageable, then the three of us with blow pics
will have to go on and accept it (two were almost complete frame edge to
frame edge blow outs with nothing more than what looked like TV "bug
fights".   Mine looked like someone shot it with an X-Ray of a fence.  Very
weird.

Any way, my idea was to circulate Ross, Betsy's Brother (and a slight play
on words for US History Buffs).   Ross will be a 35mm P&S, no APS
issues.   Each participant must mail the camera on the First Monday (or
non-holiday) after receiving the camera.

Any way, I will have a full set of rules and every one that agrees by it
will get the camera routed to them.   The result will be having the camera
developed and scanned to CD on a Fuji Frontier, negatives to be
filed.   The Fuji Frontier CD can then be duplicated for each participant
quite easily and those machine corrected scans, untouched by human hands
(per the original specs) will be what gets submitted to the project.   No
crops, no color correction other than what the machine does.   The web site
curators will do what they need to.

Now for each Betsy member who does not participate in Ross, I'm
contemplating opening up their frame to new list members who have arrived
since the PTC project started.   I also reserve the right to not send the
camera to people whom I feel have hindered Betsy's progress too.

Any way, if we all follow the rules and ship the camera on Monday, the next
participant should get it by Wednesday or Thursday.  That gives you the
weekend to do your shot and bundle it up.

Betsy travelled through 17 hands, so thats 17 weeks, which puts us into
October for completion (less people who don't/can't participate) .  I'll
make the decision mid-week about where Christine stands with Betsy and then
I will email the original participants (via Colleen) and figure out how
many people are interested.   I'll email everyone a contract (i.e. the
rules) and ask for an acknowledgement.  Upon receipt of the
acknowledgement, the participant will get added to the route.

If someone wants to organized Leonardo, Raphael's Brother, I will be happy
to supply my rules if you so desire.

Thanks,
Rob
--