Search Postgresql Archives

Large Project, Integration with existing Oracle and MS SQL

I am architecting a solution for an interface between a highly secure production environment and a corporate network which involves transfer of records from Oracle and SQL Server through an intermediary "firewall DB", a Postgres Instance, to SQL Server/ Oracle. I anticipate that there will either be direct database links or jdbc connections and stored procedures to pass data.

Does anybody have a view on likely issues I may have in practice, should I really be looking at existing commercial technologies or is PostgreSQL the right technology?