Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Large Project, Integration with existing Oracle and MS SQL

Patrick Carroll wrote:
I am architecting a solution for an interface between a highly secure
production environment and a corporate network which involves transfer of
records from Oracle and SQL Server through an intermediary "firewall DB", a
Postgres Instance, to SQL Server/ Oracle. I anticipate that there will
either be direct database links or jdbc connections and stored procedures to
pass data.

Does anybody have a view on likely issues I may have in practice, should I
really be looking at existing commercial technologies or is PostgreSQL the
right technology?

I'm not sure what PostgreSQL is doing for you here, unless you need some sort of "buffer" to cope with network bandwidth problems.

Why not just have a secured application sitting in the dmz/on firewall and connect to both sides transferring for you?

--
  Richard Huxton
  Archonet Ltd