Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Upgrading from 7.1

Thomas F. O'Connell wrote:

Jonathan,

The implicit indexes are no big deal; they're just a sign of indexes getting created by PRIMARY KEYs on your tables.

I'm not sure why you're getting errors. Is there a reason you did the schema dump separately from the data dump rather than a monolithic dump/restore?

I seem to remember encountering an issue some time ago with pg_dump dumping tables in an order that prevented them from being reloaded.

The solution was to specify the order of the tables in the commandline.

Hope this helps.
Chris Travers
Metatron Technology Consulting