Search Postgresql Archives

Re: temporary tables ?

They can also be set to drop with ON COMMIT DROP, this way they disappear after the tranaction is commited.

I use them in this way on my web server to sort file listings, and it works well since each apache DSO connection gets one connection to the database.

Tony
http://www.amsoftwaredesign.com
Home of PG Lightning Admin (PGLA)

Sean Davis wrote:

Temporary tables are not per-user, but per-connection. A user can be connected twice, but a temporary table created on one connection is not visible from the other connection. Also, temporary tables are temporary--they disappear after the connection is closed.

TIP 6: explain analyze is your friend

              http://archives.postgresql.org