Search Postgresql Archives

temporary tables ?

Hello.
I have some tables that are updated by several users in the same time and are used in queries for reports. Those tables have rows that are actualy copied from original tables that are not to be altered. There is a procedure that inserts rows for every user when connects, along with his username, so different users can't interfere with each other because every user has his own copy of rows that he can update, and records are filtered by current_user. Well, it's my heritage from MS Access, before I moved to Postgres, because there is no such thing as temporary table in Access... Now, I'm wondering is there any true advantage to implement temporary tables for each user, insted of one table with inserted rows with username for every user ?
What would be advantage of temporary tables?
Would database grow less if I implement temporary tables (less need for vacuum ?), in comparison to my current solution with true table with rows for every user ?

Zlatko