Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Dropping a temporary view?

On 3/20/24 10:51, Celia McInnis wrote:
The view is being used in some web query software that multiple people will be accessing and the contents of the view depend on what the person is querying, so I think that temporary views or tables are a good idea. I change to non-temporary views or tables (in a test version of the software which is not web-crawl-able) when I'm trying to debug things, and I guess I have to be careful to clean those up when I switch back to the temporary tables/views.

Are multiple people seeing the same dataset, or is each getting their own data albeit of the same structure?  What mechanism populates the web-page?  I ask because I think you might not need to make database structures at all.