Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Dropping a temporary view?

On 3/20/24 08:39, Celia McInnis wrote:
Ok, thanks - so I guess that means that if there is both a temporary and a non temporary view called "tempvie",

DROP VIEW tempview;

will remove the 1st tempview found, which with my path is the temporary one. Is there some reason why it then took 7 minutes to select from the non-temporary view tempview after I dropped the temporary view tempview?

I have sometimes had some very long query times when running query software, and maybe they are resulting from my switching between temporary and non-temporary views of the same name while debugging. If so, is there something I should be doing to clean up any temporary messes I am creating?

What is the purpose of the temp view over the the regular view process?

How do they differ in data?

Is all the above happening in one session?

Have you run EXPLAIN ANALYZE on the select from the regular view?

Thanks,
Celia McInnis

--
Adrian Klaver