Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Code of Conduct plan

On 15/09/18 08:17, Tom Lane wrote:
Yeah, this.  The PG community is mostly nice people, AFAICT.  I'll be
astonished (and worried) if the CoC committee finds much to do.  We're
implementing this mostly to make newcomers to the project feel that
it's a safe space.

Agreed. However I think the all-of-life clause gives an open door to potential less than well intentioned new members joining up to extend a SJW agenda. So in fact the unintended consequence of this may be a *less* safe place for some existing members - unless all of their social media utterances are agreeable to the angry militant left.

It's also worth reminding people that this is v1.0 of the CoC document.
We plan to revisit it in a year or so, and thereafter as needed, to
improve anything that's causing problems or not working well.

+1, At least this means we can address the above if it emerges as a problem

regards
Mark

			regards, tom lane