Search Postgresql Archives

Re: no pg_hba.conf entry for replication connection from host

On 04/10/2015 02:10 PM, Volkan Unsal wrote:
Hi Adrian,

I spent the last hour checking the config files are indeed being used ––
and they are. :P I'm getting silly after days of this configuration
nightmare. Thanks for replying to all my posts and making helpful
suggestions. After reading a bit more about log outputs, I enabled the
maximum logging, and I think I am seeing something interesting in the logs:

https://gist.github.com/volkanunsal/bb58fa52077ae3288dfd#file-slave-log-L60-L65

If my previous post does not yield positive results I would suggest a new tack.

1) Create a primary/standby setup outside of Dockers containers, preferably on a single machine to begin with, to get a hang of the mechanics.

2) Once that is done, start up a single Docker container with the primary and see that it works. Shut it down. Then start up the standby in another container and see that it loads correctly. Shut it down.

3) Start the primary Docker container, get it running. Start the standby container. I know this is sort of what is happening now, but it is happening all in one dockerfile. I would split the primary and standby into separate files. I think there is too much happening at one time to get a clear picture of what is going on.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@xxxxxxxxxxx