Search Postgresql Archives

Re: no pg_hba.conf entry for replication connection from host

On 04/10/2015 12:34 PM, Volkan Unsal wrote:
Hi Adrian,

I think there are some commands that are being run in single user mode,
which is why we are seeing these lines in the output.

https://gist.github.com/volkanunsal/1778cf691223e77f2e30#file-master-log-L57-L58

But I believe the server itself is started in the interactive mode (if
that's the right term for it) because immediately after those lines, you
also see this

https://gist.github.com/volkanunsal/1778cf691223e77f2e30#file-master-log-L59-L61

My tests showed there are no LOG outputs if the server was started in
the single user mode.

I would disagree:

postgres@killi:~> /usr/local/pgsql94/bin/postgres --single -D /usr/local/pgsql94/data/ <<-EOSQL
   CREATE DATABASE test_db;
EOSQL

PostgreSQL stand-alone backend 9.4rc1

backend> LOG: statement: CREATE DATABASE test_db;

backend> postgres@killi:~>

I see nowhere in your init-master.sh where Postgres is restarted. Check ps ax | grep postgres on your primary to see what is actually running. Could be that the single user mode is shut down and a regular instance is started up, but with different settings then you think. We still have not explored where the Postgres in your containers are coming from and how they are set up in image: mdillon/postgis:9.3.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@xxxxxxxxxxx