Re: Two identical systems, radically different performance

On 10/15/2012 05:34 PM, Scott Marlowe wrote:
On Mon, Oct 15, 2012 at 9:28 AM, Claudio Freire <klaussfreire@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Mon, Oct 15, 2012 at 12:24 PM, Andrea Suisani <sickpig@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
sure you're right.

It's just that my bet was on a higher throughput
when HT was isabled from the BIOS (as you stated
previously in this thread).

Yes, mine too. It's bizarre. If I were you, I'd look into it more
deeply. It may be a flaw in your test methodology (maybe you disabled
the wrong cores?). If not, it would be good to know why the extra TPS
to replicate elsewhere.

I'd recommend more synthetic benchmarks when trying to compare systems
like this.  bonnie++, the memory stream test that Greg Smith was
working on, and so on.  Get an idea what core differences the machines
display under such testing.

Will try tomorrow
thanks for the hint

Andrea