Re: Two identical systems, radically different performance

On 10/15/2012 05:28 PM, Claudio Freire wrote:
On Mon, Oct 15, 2012 at 12:24 PM, Andrea Suisani <sickpig@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
It does prove they're not equivalent though.

sure you're right.

It's just that my bet was on a higher throughput
when HT was isabled from the BIOS (as you stated
previously in this thread).

Yes, mine too. It's bizarre. If I were you, I'd look into it more
deeply. It may be a flaw in your test methodology (maybe you disabled
the wrong cores?).

this is the first thing I thought after looking at the results
but I've double-checked cores topology (core_id, core_siblings_list end
friends under /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/topology) and I seems
to me that I've disabled the right ones.

It could be that I've messed up with something else...

> If not, it would be good to know why the extra TPS
to replicate elsewhere.

definitely I will try to understand the
probable causes performing other tests...
any hints are welcome :)