Re: Best suiting OS

On 10/02/2009 10:23 AM, Matthew Wakeling wrote:
On Fri, 2 Oct 2009, Tom Lane wrote:
You switched OSes instead of complaining to the repository maintainer
that he'd forgotten a subpackage?  You must have a lot of time on your
hands.

Camel's back, straw.

Besides, both I and our sysadmin are much more used to Debian. We were dealing with an old install of RH from our old sysadmin and couldn't be bothered to work out the Red Hat Way(tm). Much easier to un-switch OSes.

... until you move on and leave the company with some hacked up Debian installs that nobody knows how to manage.

Just throwing that out there. :-)

Cheers,
mark

--