Re: newgrp failed

Hi,

On Wed, 2003-04-09 at 08:07, Hartmut Ruff wrote:

I'm going to suggest a few more things, but I'm
not even allowing r-services so I cannot test them.

Try using pam_warn with pam_deny - maybe you will
get more info?

Check that the user is indeed part of the group
you want to change him/her to. You can use
$ groups
$ grep user /etc/group

Check that the group does not have a password
in the 2nd field in /etc/group.

If it does have one, you can either remove it,
or if you really want one - try and create one
with passwd and manually placing it into the /etc/group file.
Sorry, I do not know of another way to set a group password.

NOTE: To check passwords check the /etc/gshadow,
if you are using shadow.

Btw, does gshadow exists on your machine?

HTH,
Allen.