PAM and TACACS+

Hi,

I have been trying to use PAM with TACACS+, I have had quite good success,
but would like to authenticate using the password file if, and only if the
TACACS server is down.

I have looked at using authinfo_unavail as the control flag, but it appears
that after about 30 seconds of trying to contact the TACACS server the
module dies.

Does PAM give a fixed amount of time to contact the server, and kill the
module if it doesn't respond in a timely fashion?

Cheers

Martin