New here

I'm not any kind of PAM hacker, but I've started butchering form my own
purposes and have some questions.

First, my target systems are Redhet 6.0 and 6.2.  The latest PAM source I
found for these at redhat was 0.72.  I've made some changes for grins and
successfully 'make && make install', so that 's good.

Is this (0.72) too old to ask questions about?

If so, does redhat customize PAM or can I download the latest and greatest
from kernel.org and make && make install and expect it to work?