Re: XSSO? How to communicate to XSSO/PAM external authentication info?

On Sat, Aug 26, 2000 at 11:09:20PM -0400, Nicolas Williams wrote:
> To summarize: PAM offers authentication, [coarse] authorization, session
> management, etc... GSS-API only does authentication,

AAA (authenticiation, authorization and accounting) have been
traditionally seperated conceptually for various reasons. I have
always considered it a big source of confusion that PAM combines the
first two As (and under the name of "authentication" alone, which is
just plain wrong), but of course, YMMV. Some people like that
integration, it seems.

--
Ingo Luetkebohle / 21st Century Digital Boy

its easy to stop using Perl: I do it after every project