Re: XSSO? How to communicate to XSSO/PAM external authentication info?

Come on, someone on this list must know something about XSSO. Heck,
there's even stubs in LinuxPAM for XSSO extensions.

I can see the use of pam_authenticate_secondary() and pam_get_mapped_*
and so on, but that's for tasks such as getting Kerberos tickets when
Kerberos isn't your primary form of authentication.

I think something like, say, pam_gss_authenticated() is needed. It's
arguments would be a PAM handle, a GSS mechanism OID (gss_OID_desc), a
GSS QoP OID and a principal name (gss_name_t).

Applications that use Kerberos directly instead of GSS-API could still
use pam_gss_authenticated() by converting the KRB5 principal name into a
gss_name_t and by getting the relevant OIDs.

Nico