How to get ipaddress

Hello,all.

I use tcpserver this time instead of tcp-env and I see
that TCPREMOTEHOST is set as an environment variable for myself.
But in in.telnetd, environment variables seems to be initialized.
(In telnetd, init-env() may be the initialize function, but I didn't make
sure.)

Instead of TCPREMOTRHOST, REMOTEHOST is set as an environment variable.
So I could get client hostname in PAM:
	hostname = getenv("REMOTEHOST");

I am sure this way depends softwares that call PAM.
Is there any other way, more reliable?

Thank you.

S. Yokota