Re: p2patent development status update

On 4/10/07, Beth Noveck <noveck@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Here's the dilemma.  These are all great ideas for how to promote
> consensus-based decision-making but we need ways to tie discussion to
> specific research tasks.  The PTO wants to do this project because we
> (the community) are going to supply them with research and analysis
> of how that research relates to the claims of the pending
> application.

Sure. I probably didn't make myself clear- the goal would be to tie
the discussion to specific pieces of evidence of prior art, or of
specific discussions of obvious. I agree completely that a purely
meandering discussion which doesn't result in a concrete statement is
useless. Just as no one should need to look at the talk page of a
wikipedia entry, the PTO likely shouldn't see the conversation- just
the output of it, which is a piece of highly relevant, well-documented
prior art, or a very well-argued, well-reasoned statement on
obviousness.

Luis