Re: p2patent development status update

On 4/4/07, Eric Hestenes <erichestenes@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> April 16 -- p2pdevelopers list members can join testing

Great. (Of course, I'll be swamped with exams around then, but hey, a
man can dream.)

> (2) The mechanism for providing commentary on prior art has been changed as
> follows. We have removed the threaded discussion area and replaced it with a
> mechanism that allows each registered user to provide a single comment.  The
> top ten applications will be forwarded to the patent examiner along with all
> the provided comments. Users can still have threaded discussions for each
> patent application, but that threaded discussion will not be forwarded to
> the examiner.

Will there be a way to promote information out of that threaded
conversation into a comment, or some other relationship between them?
More simply, could multiple users collaborate to submit a comment
together? It seems like, at least long term, you'd like participants
in a threaded conversation to be able to say 'this is the conclusion
of our conversation, which we'd like to be treated as our collective
comment.' That might both streamline the amount of information given
to the examiners (fewer comments from the same pool of people), while
(hopefully) encouraging constructive deliberation instead of just
meandering or flaming.

Luis