Re: using networkmanager nmcli with globalprotect

On Tue, May 5, 2020 at 6:12 AM Dave Love <dave.love@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Daniel Lenski <dlenski@xxxxxxxxx> writes:
>
> > I'm the pot calling the kettle black here, though, because I have a
> > backlog of a whole bunch of things I've been wanting to add to the NM
> > plugin, though:
>
> How easy would any of those be for someone else to tackle (having not
> looked at the code)?  The one about storing secrets sounds as if it
> could ease some pain when MFA is involved (within the lifetime of the
> authN), but I don't know whether it actually would.

Adding the “advanced configuration tab” and “better connection status
information” should not be too hard at all. If you like working on GTK
GUI code, or want to learn, those would be a great project to tackle —
and honestly very valuable to a lot of users.

You are right that the secret-handling would be a bit more complex. If
you have a good intuitive understanding of how the authentication and
connection phases of OpenConnect differ, which you can gain from
playing around with it from the command-line, that will help.

I would be delighted to review contributions in these areas. :)

Dan