Re: GlobalProtect connection loss

On Sat, Apr 18, 2020 at 6:45 PM The Wanderer <wanderer@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I know that it is not possible to reach this VPN-portal address from
> inside the network to which the VPN tunnel connects me. Is it possible
> that what I'm doing with adjusting the routing table (which *should*
> just be adding two routes so that the two ranges internal to that
> network pass through tun0, and resetting the default gateway so that
> traffic for all other ranges - including the VPN-portal address - goes
> through eth0) may be leading some traffic which needs to go to this
> address from outside attempting to go to it over the tunnel, and thus
> somehow messing up this attempt to switch from ESP to HTTPS?

It seems plausible, but impossible to be sure. If the routing table
gets mangled in a way such that new connections to the VPN portal
actually go… over the VPN, you'll normally just get a connection
that's hung/stuck, not one where messages appear to be getting through
to the portal.

The scripts you're describing seem fairly convoluted. I would
recommend using vpn-slice (https://github.com/dlenski/vpn-slice). It's
quite well-tested at this point, and it allows OpenConnect to call it
as a standard vpnc-script to setup a split tunnel with access to named
hosts or routes, without any further wrapper. I wrote it pretty much
for this exact use case.